Saturday, October 16, 2010

Rain, Rain and More Rain

I'm still in Texas in Southern Queensland, waiting for the weather to clear up, but the way things are going, that may not happen soon.

It blew an absolute gale last night, at times I thought the caravan was going to blow away. At 11:00pm last night, I was out in pouring rain, putting the awning back up a after it blew down. When I woke up this morning, the river had burst it's banks and completely covered the old bridge.

The forecast is fine for the weekend, but there is supposed to be more rain coming next week.

Two photos of the river from the main bridge, taken 10 days apart, show how much the river has risen.

Photo taken 6th October, 2010

Photo taken 16th October, 2010

The old bridge, where I am camped, has completely disappeared. It's somewhere under the water, where the turbulence is showing.
When I pulled in, I was originally going to camp down on the river bank, but decided not to, as it was very shady, and I wouldn't have any sunshine for my solar panel. Just as well, that area is completely under water about 4 or 5 feet deep.
See you soon

3 comments:

Dymon Enlow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Red Nomad OZ said...

Can't believe the amount of rain pretty much everywhere this year, but particularly in the interior!

Stay dry!!

Anonymous said...

hey send some our way please